Friday, December 21, 2007

Catching up

Christian will be one tomorrow. It was amazing to go to my doctor yesterday for our second pregnancy. When I was there I couldn't help but remember that Christian was born literally just a year ago. I saw the doctor who delivered Christian. Our normal doctor was on vacation. Anyhow, I was very aware of God's kindness and mercy to not only give us Christian but now this little girl when there was a time we thought we would have no children. Also, though, can't help but think of a book I read by John Piper called God is the Gospel (highly recommend it). I read most of if during Thanksgiving and he exhorts his readers to savor and delight in Jesus Christ. To treasure Him - the giver - more than the gifts. The book was so good and now when I think about it I am challenged to remember to treasure my family but remember to treasure Christ most!

Anyhow here are some recent pictures...

Playing with Daddy





An upset little boy who wants the camera!



Watching Daddy rake the leaves





Family picture during Thanksgiving



Christian and I were able to go to Olivia's first birthday party. It was so much fun to see Brad and Chandra's family and see Olivia have fun. Lots of pink!!



Playing with Olivia's birthday present



ELMO
Christian loves Elmo. He'll smile and respond quite a bit to the red critter. It is a lot of fun to see!

Our wonderful babysitter giving Christian his birthday/Christmas gift. It is an Elmo toy!



On Wednesday, Chandra and Leah came with their kids to celebrate Christian's birthday. He was clueless but it was fun. Decided to make an Elmo cake and it was so much fun to make and see the final product. I think Christian especially loved an Elmo balloon.





Ally is very sweet with her little sister Olivia and Christian. Here she is playing with him.



Older kids playing



Eying the cake. Leah was kind enough to take pictures as we sang to him. Thanks, Leah!





Olivia was neater with the cake than Christian. He got the cake and ice cream all over him especially on his lap. He'd eat it and then yell. I don't think he liked the food all over him. Or maybe he was getting sleepy.





After the cake, Christian and Olivia had a bath which was pretty funny. We will also celebrate with Aaron's family on Sunday. We get to see my Mom on Monday and sometime next week I am going to have him attack a little cake so she can see it. We can't wait to see you Mom!!

This week we had our Care Group Christmas Party. It was so much fun and enjoyable to hang out with everyone. We had dinner and the food was so good I'm hunting down ladies for their recipes :-) Also, we were so blessed to receive a gift - a small TV with DVD/VCR player which we can use for the children at Care Group. We have four little babies coming so this gift will be such a big help with the older ones. Below are a couple of pictures.

Lil and Ella Reese (I think Ella Reese is one of Christian's favorite buddies. Last time ER came to our house they played peek a boo behind our curtains and Christian just howled with laughter). Also, Lillian is now working on the side to take pictures of babies/families/individuals. She will be taking some family pictures for us in January and I can't wait. She has an artist's eye. Plus Christian will smile a bunch for her!



Meg offered her home for the party. Thanks, Meg!


Kendahl and Alanna with Christian. I hope our little girl will grow up to treasure Christ the way these two girls do. During children's ministry at Care Group, they are so eager to help with the little babies. They will draw out adults and eagerly share what God is doing in their lives. It encourages me so. Their parents, Lawrence and Vanessa are two people Aaron and I would love to learn from and seek input from.



Vanessa



Lawrence



Thanks to Matt who stole my camera at this party to take pictures. I meant to take pictures, forgot and am so glad for these pictures although I didn't get everyone.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. It is amazing that Jesus Christ...King of Kings..Lord of lords...ruler of the earth...was born in a lowly manger - lived a perfect life - and died for our sins. It is a love that amazes me and hopefully we can treasure Christ more and more each Christmas. Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy birthday, Christian. I know your mom and dad are enjoying this moment as much as you are!