Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hannah's Prayer


Every day I find myself praising God for His mercy to us. Both Aaron and I are so in love with this baby. And by God's grace, He draw us near Him during this time of prosperity and not forget the Lord. I was thinking about Hannah's prayer this morning. Thinking now I know a little why she said what she did.

2:1 And Hannah prayed and said,
“My heart exults in the Lord; my strength [1] is exalted in the Lord. My mouth derides my enemies, because I rejoice in your salvation. 2 “There is none holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God." 1 Samuel 2:1-2

We are so thankful for what the Lord has done. For His mercy to us. And I'm thankful for my friend, Cheri, who when I was single gently exhorted me to look to the cross during times of adversity. That is where we see His goodness to us. It can be so easy for me to forget. This year I pray I meditate on the gospel more and more.

1 comment:

The Girberts said...

That is so good, Laura! God is such a faithful and loving God!