Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our whippersnapper

Julia is also becoming our whippersnapper! If she wants to get somewhere, everybody better watch out. She scoots those knees and hands so fast to get where she wants to go. Christian is already trying to play hide and seek with her and she tries to follow him - then they both squeal with laughter. This past week she has tried to scoot herself up our stairs several times! I never remembered Christian wanting to do that. He preferred to sit in my lap, suck his thumb, and be read to. Julia likes to be held but soon she gets squirmy turning around to see what is going on. As Aaron said the other night, she has a lot of fiest in her. Often the mental picture I have of her is crawling on her knees right in the middle of Christian's toys grabbing toys left and right. She wants to be where he is, playing with what he is playing with. If she cries usually it is not because she got hurt in some capacity but that she is mad she doesn't have a toy (I've got my work cut out for me don't I?). Her interest in Christian's toys is a bit perplexing to him and we are working on him not bullying Julia and sharing. But they love each other dearly and Christian is constantly saying Jul-le-ah! especially when I ask him who he wants to come to his birthday party. I have my hands full and am extremely thankful! And I am aware of my need for God's grace to help me train them to obey so their hearts will be tender to the gospel.

2 comments:

lillian said...

that is just like my dean through and through!
how fun!
love lil

Alice said...

What fun you all have in store! I want to be there!