Today I took Christian and Julia to the grocery store. Christian loves it because he gets to sit next to Julia and he is all about her. It is amusing and endearing. I'm strolling and there is Christian hugging her...kissing her hands saying Jul-le-ah! She is squealing with laughter as she often does. Anyhow, we got a lot of nice comments and it is amazing how different kids are. Christian says hi but it is just opening up his hand with a little hi and if he saw them long he might start waving (we're working on this :-)). Julia looked at them all with a big grin excited to see new faces. Several times after Christian said hi he'd put his head down in Julia's lap. Oftentimes when I am holding Julia and someone comes up Julia will start jumping up in down in my arms and grin from ear to ear. Christian gets excited too but at first his usual response is to be very cautious then slowly wave (his waves are next to his hip so sometimes it isn't even noticeable) and then if they stay a while he is running all around them excited. Anyhow thought I'd post about it to remember. Julia loves to interact with people but does not want to cuddle long. There is too much for her to see and do. Where Christian is quieter around people unless he knows you well but once he does he'd rather sit in your lap and read a book than go off on his own. If I have a Curious George dvd playing while I am cooking oftentimes he'd rather still come in the kitchen with me and follow me around.
Rambling...but I am very thankful for God's mercy to give us children. We are enjoying them. We plan to purchase a camera soon so hopefully I'll be posting pictures later.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You're not rambling! I miss photos but have been enjoying these little vignettes sans pictures. These stories, in addition to the photos are priceless.
Happy Thanksgiving, Laura.
Thinking of you and your family.
I know your mom had a great holiday with you all! Loved the card!
Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it here!
Hope all is well..
Post a Comment