

Checking on her big brother



Tonight I made cookies and gave Christian a plate with one cookie on it. I then turned around to get Julia a cookie and heard this loud, heart wrenching wail from Christian. Julia had grabbed his cookie off his plate and put 3/4 of it in her mouth. Christian's eyes were like saucers. He had this expression of utter shock and just wailed. She had chocolate all over her mouth. She looked like a cat that had just swallowed a bird with a feather hanging from its mouth. It was quite the sight! When I gave him another cookie, he stuffed the whole thing in his mouth and furiously ate it looking at her to make sure she didn't get it. It was humorous. These interactions between them are teaching moments and we are having more and more of them. I love having them close together and am sure we are going to have lots of opportunities to train them to prefer one another over themselves.


1 comment:
Oh Laura! what a sight in my mind's eye with Julia grabbing and stuffing Christian's cookie in her mouth and him wailing and then your giving him another cookie with him immediately consuming it! Everytime I get a little nostalgic about leaving New Orleans, I look at and read your blog and absolutely cannot wait to get to Knoxville to see these children all the time. The only thing better would be for Miri to live there and the 3 of them play together like the Besselman cousins.
Post a Comment